Sunday 28 June 2009

Everyone Worth Knowing...


When I first picked this book up, I wasn't (I meant "couldn't") really concentrate on the book, as I was more interested in baby books. So after 3 chapters, I gave up.
But I picked it up again last week and to my surprise, I couldn't put it down at all. It's what every girl should read!

Twentysomething graduate, Bette Robinson left her high-paying yet excruciatingly boring job at a prestigious investment bank after a particularly condescending exchange with her boss (who sends her daily inspirational e-mails). After a few weeks of sleeping late, watching Dr. Phil and entertaining her dog Millington, Bette's gay uncle scores her a job at an up-and-coming public relations firm, where her entire job seems to revolve around staying out late partying and providing fodder for clandestine gossip columns. Bette then started climbing up the social ladder at the expense of her friends, family, and the one guy who actually seems worth pursuing....things get complicated when all the partying and hooking up with a guy (she later finds out has more then one skeleton in his closet) just to climb up the corporate ladder...her life couldn't be more complicated as "Ellie Insider" a famous Gossip Columnist is out to 'get' her by continuously sprawling her daily updates in the column ...

I'd give the book 9/10...

No comments: